1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems choose Charlotte for 2012 convention

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 1, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interesting choice.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's hope NC's own John Edwards introduces him.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does anybody really think where a party convention is held has any influence on an election? Oh, boy, the Republicans are coming to my town. Clinches my vote! The 2004 Democratic convention pretty much made downtown Boston an armed no-go zone for local residents for four days. If anything, conventions piss off voters where they're held.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I imagine it can't hurt. Colorado went blue for the first time in a while in 2008. Wonder if Nate Silver or someone of his ilk has ever taken on this question.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Obama will be able to smoke indoors.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than having a political convention like this is being forced to hold the G20 in your town

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Charlotte is a terrible city for a convention like this.

It is a wonderful city to visit, it is clean and all that - but it isn't that big and there is nothing at all to do there.

Makes no sense.

8. Mizzougrad96

I think they should have it in Kenya. :D

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Sounds like Zag has never been to the Uptown Cabaret! That's the only recreation that made back-to-back Continental Tire Bowls palatable.

And it is a bizarre choice. Downtown is a ghost town on the weekends. Maybe that's why they picked it.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was an absolute zoo here for that thing.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

They could always tour the NASCAR Hall of Fame. If it's still open, of course. Maybe even NASCAR's Brain France could talk about the latest exciting rule changes. ;D

12. Mizzougrad96

Will Obama get the shakes being around that much tobacco? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted