1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats hate the American family

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Dec 6, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's the problem I see with partisan politics and it filters right on down to this board.

The sworn enemy of many republicans are democrats. And vice-versa. So much hatred that it can't help but seep out in quotes like this.

This guy isn't interested in making our country better. He's interested in squashing democrats, when he's not lining his pockets (IMO). What a terrible way to run a country.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If you want to make this a political beef, Poin, there's not much I can do to stop your dumbassery. My point was this guy -- regardless of his party affiliation -- looks like an asshole and sounds like an asshole and probably is an asshole. And his chief of staff should smack him around and warn him to think before opening his mouth.

If there's more to it than that, it's been cooked up in your own addled brain because I never mentioned it.

3. That's one seriously bad quote right there.
    And from a guy who didn;t give a damn that I was aware of when his party kept the House open long enough for the bribes on the Medicare bill to get parcelled out, or brought the whole Congress back to town to pass a bill interfering with the private medical issues of a brain-dead woman.
    Boo, as alley said elsewhere, freaking-hoo.

4. poindexter

When I wrote "quotes like this" I was talking about Kingston's, not yours. Could we possibly be arguing against each other on this?

5. To me, poin, or to someone else?
    I wasn't talking about anything you said. Sorry if there's confusion.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No, FB. Poin and Alley are arguing in circles on a subject in which they both agree. Alley, I like and respect you, but Poin never played the Yawn card on this. He thinks it's as reprehensible as you do.

Jack Kingston is a penile implant for making a ridiculous comment. I think an SportsJournalists.com blizzard of well-written e-mails -- complete with the sardonic and sarcastic touches our sandbox is known for -- will help the congressman find a much-necessary clue.

Then again, given he's from the Yawn school of assclownery, probably not.

7. poindexter

The damn Internets. The series of tubes sometimes gets crossed up and things are interpreted differently.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Am I the only one that would find it humorous if someone making minimum wage went up and kicked this guy in the nuts?

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

No, it would be funny, but it'll never happen. Kingston votes against raising the minimum wage every time it comes up, so the people working for minimum are far too busy on their multiple jobs to have time for such frivolity.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

He'd have to catch him on a weekend.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Quick, someone, anyone, how many hours a week -- and away from his or her family -- would a minimum-wage worker need to put in to make 160 K a year?

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Before taxes, it would take someone a little more than 15 years of 40-hour workweeks to make that much money at minimum wage. If he didn't take any vacations.

Draft saved Draft deleted