1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats debate from Philly (ABC)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Apr 16, 2008.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

No thread on Clinton v. Obama XXI?

I'm bracing for some fireworks ...

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hillary has to be careful...if she keeps pounding Obama on this "elitist" crap, it's going to backfire on her.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Screw 'em"

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Obama is rebounding pretty good right now on it. He may be one of only two Democrats I vote for in November, but he's a good one.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's my question. There's nothing wrong with a debate per se, if you live in Pennsylvania. But I don't. Why is this event on national TV. It's hardly what I call top-shelf entertainment, and as far as helping me, the concerned citizen, make an informed vote, it's too late, way too late. Massachusetts had its primary February 5.
    Something between two-thirds and three-quarters of the U.S. electorate lives where the primaries have already happened. Why are they showing a debate to them/us?

6. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Obama just looks flustered to me, well, compared to how smooth he usually operates. As far as the Bosnia issue with Clinton, I applaud her for owning up to her lie--and props for segueing that into talking about her level of experience.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Discuss genuine national issues, please. Thank you.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

God, this is asinine. Rev. Wright, the Bosnia flap, now "why don't you wear a flag lapel pin?"
    How about some of the questions that actually matter?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Owning up to her lie? She lied about it at least four times, and then denied reports that said she was full of shit. Then her husband said she just misremembered it once during a late-night stump speech. Notice that she only "owned up to it" when video was produced.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Has there been any substance at all, yet?

Any?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

In terms of issues? No. It's all gotcha bullshit.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, good fucking thing we had the 21st fucking debate, then.

Jeebus.

Draft saved Draft deleted