1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats and/or liberals: Which Republican should we be rooting for?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jan 18, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't eat the yellow snow, WI.

2. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Its use as a diagnosis is fairly new. Pretty much in the last decade.

The explosion has come from the PDD-NOS diagnosis, I think. Pervasive Developmental Delay - Not Otherwise Specified.

That's the diagnosis they give to kids (like my 6-year-old) that they can't tell what they are other than hyper, rambunctious, impulsive or a whole host of other traits they don't want to deal with in school systems without extra support. And they really -- really -- like to suggest drugs for these (almost always) boys. 20 years ago they just called them boys.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of challenges for industry in America today is to be able to fill jobs. Besides costs one of reasons companies go elsewhere is that they can't get the workers.

It why many companies are taking the risk of hiring illegals. They need the workers.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But can you take an hour on the Tower of Power?

5. I gotta vote for Mitt after today's desperate shoestring grab at street cred.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/01/21/politics/fromtheroad/entry3734680.shtml

Barbara Billingsley spoke much better jive.

6. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

See there F_B, I told you he was the one y'all want.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . with the rest of the goddamn commie pinko bastards.

8. We're having jackets made.
    You in?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

LIAR! :D

10. C'mon. It's my longest standing SportsJournalists.com scam.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Peddle your snake oil and bridges elsewhere, Mr. Bastard. ;D

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I dunno . . . I see the pollsters have pigeonholed me this year as the prototypical
    male, college-educated, independent Obama rooter . . . and I fear a jacket bearing THAT legend is not going to have a long shelf life . . . at least in '08.

Draft saved Draft deleted