1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Delta eliminates SkyMiles experation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Feb 15, 2011.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I suppose there needs to be an incentive in place to prevent people from just jerking around with the reservation system "just because we can."

So yes, 99.999% of the people have to pay because of the 0.0001% of people that would just like to fuck with things.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The fact that Southwest never charges for reservation changes exposes every other airline.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This makes perfect sense to me, and if wholly valid, it's terrific, invaluable advice.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I don't think thays true about WN, but even if it is it has to do with their fare structure and lack of assign seating.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Here we go.

DALLAS — Major U.S. airlines are raising the price of some tickets favored by business travelers again, this time by up to $120 per round trip.

Fare experts said Delta started the latest increase on Monday, which was matched immediately by American and a day later by United, Continental and US Airways.

Draft saved Draft deleted