1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dell and Vista

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rough Mix, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I know there's a lot of love for Dell laptops around here, so here you go. Bought one for the kids to do homework on. Built it online and it came today. Tried to get it talking to our wireless network in the house to no avail. Called Dell and they tell me the wireless network card installed is not compatable with Vista. They told me to download a specfic driver off the Dell website and things would be fine. The kids need to be online to get to their class websites. It's a must, not an option.

Downloaded the driver and things are not fine. The driver they told me to download doesn't work and after three hours I've got all kinds of icons all over the desktop that I can't recycle, remove or delete. This is great. I am so happy to drop $2100 on this thing.

How can Dell build and ship a product that they know is having a problem with Vista? If you are thinking about buying something from Dell with Vista, you might want to wait a while.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Del Boca Vista?

[​IMG]

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

For the record, I have nothing to do with Dell or Microsoft.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed.

oh and fuck Dell. Repeatedly. With a rusty saw. In the peehole.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I am still waiting for the customer service call from Dell that was due two hours ago.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hope you don't have any plans for the next 12 years.

Dell customer service makes the cable guy look like fucking reliable.

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I just got off the phone with them. Connected the laptop to my DSL lineand they took control and tried to get the wireless to work. They say I have to contact my ISP provider and get a new network key. We'll see. I have my doubts...

Draft saved Draft deleted