1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deliverance on AMC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Second Thoughts, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Not for the squeamish. Coming up to the Squeal Piggy Squeal scene.

Still Burt's best movie role.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Ned Beatty does Louisville proud, but this isn't his gayest (or most gay) role. That distinction is held for his performance as Otis, Lex Luthor's sidekick in the Superman movies.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I just stumbled into this flick on AMC, too.

Jon Voigt's character just offed the second hillbilly, but that whole sequence never made a lot of sense to me. You see the arrow out of his back when he stumbles to his death, but you don't see Voigt nail his ass.

This was Burt's breakthrough movie. When he fucks up his leg, and Bobby says to Louis, whadda we do now, Louis goes, "Now you get to play the GAME!!!"

As for Ned Beatty ....

I may have posted this on SJ once before, but he went on Larry King one night, and a couple guys got on there and just started squealing.

I couldn't stop laughing.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Poor Ned. He could live for 150 more years and never live down that scene. It'll be mentioned in his obituary in 2156 that he took it in the keister and went wee-wee-wee all the way home.

5. Jesus_Muscatel

We should remember, however, that Ned Beatty did some good work afterward.

He was an interesting character in the TV movie on the Charles Whitman/Texas tower shooting, when Kurt Russell played Whitman and Ned was the bookstore manager who accompanied the heroic cop to the top of the tower.

And, of course, the dean in "Back to School."

His chemistry with Rodney was great.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Homicide: Life on the Street.

Bo Felton's overweight partner, gets blastedup in the great hallway shootout.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Voigt's performance in the final 15, 20 minutes of this film is nothing short of brilliant.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

On a similar note, I came home from work tonight to see Mrs. Terrier engrossed in "Brokeback Mountain." Just in time to see Maggie Gyllenhaal's bro have his Hershey highway plowed. That must mean something, though I'm not sure exactly what.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Back when I was working for Vandalay Industries, I was fortunate enough to buy Jon Voigt's car.

Draft saved Draft deleted