1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deflategate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 19, 2015.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Yes, a 38-point margin can be blamed 100 percent on footballs being an ounce too light or too heavy. :rolleyes:

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And Nixon would've clobbered McGovern without Watergate dirty tricks, too.

The point is, what does it say about an organization that's always trying to skirt the rules?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anybody say that, have you?

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Nope, just making a joke but I forgot the blue font. I blame the new software.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As sidebar on of the local HS football teams in my area took a bit of poetic license with Belichick
    playbook and paid a player from rival HS for his HUDL codes. Rival coaches found out because
    they noticed an unusual pattern of usage for a backup lineman.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yep. Also leads to the question of what are they doing that we don't know about?

It sure does follow a pattern, as do the legends of jammed headsets as a team gets rolling in a hurry-up drill and everything else that crops up in discussions about playing in New England.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As they say in NASCAR, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

8. Boom_70

Figured this is as good a spot to put this as anywhere. From MMQB:
    k. Congrats on your choice of Dartmouth, prep QB Harry Kraft (son of Pats president Jonathan Kraft). You’ll be with a good quarterback man there in Buddy Teevens.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Teevens was 21-69 at Tulane and Stanford.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know you were making a joke, but a lot of people are actually making this argument.

Cheating is OK because it was a blowout?

Sure, it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but if it's true, it's cheating.

11. Boom_70

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As they say in wrestling, win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

Draft saved Draft deleted