1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deep-fried foods I have eaten

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 26, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, even I have to pass on the ol' frog legs. (Although I did eat some chocolate-covered insects. Just like raisins.)

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

On the contrary, Tomas. Frog legs are good shit. You take note too, Shottie.

Had alligator. Good, chewy, taste all its own. Also had snapping turtle. Kinda reminds me of alligator.
    Let's not forget crinkle-cut potatoes, a/k/a french fries. Ditto with onion rings. And hush puppies, in all their goodness, are DFF.
    And the calf nuts go without saying. There is no other way to fix them other than DFF.
    Unless you are taking good care of yourself, all fish (freshwater, freshly caught catfish, crappie, walleye, drum, white bass) should be DFF. But, every once-in-a-while, I'll go off the deep end and bake them.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

You just probably gave someone, somewhere, the idea to go out and deep-fat fry some fucking raisins. :D

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Good point...

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

Never had snapping turtle. I'll have to hunt that down. Glad to see another frog-leg endorsement. The meat is like really white chicken meat.

And is there anything better than fried crappie?

6. KG

KG Active Member

Yes I've had them. I always thought they were just a redneck country thing, so I was really surprised when I heard about them being served in restaraunts a few years ago.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I love some DFF fish, but doing that to a trout is heresay.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

platy, dargan - honestly not bustin' anyone's balls here, but, i have a saying every time someone says some freak meat tastes like chicken ... and it goes something like this: then eat some fucking chicken why don't ya."

Draft saved Draft deleted