1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deathwish III ... aka the indefatigable animal magnetism of Bronson ... WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Maybe your underwear is on just a little too tight...

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Manny Fraker = Chuck Cunningham. I swear it's true.

Gavan O'Herlihy on IMDB

Funny thing about his "Happy Days" stint - he played the older brother but is actually younger than Ron Howard.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

On a related subject, another great vengeance movie to catch late in your hotel room is "Original Gangstas," with Fred Williamson coming back to Gary to take it for the Good Gangs of his era, instead of the Bad Gangs of today (or 1996, to be precise).

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Of all the things mentioned in the Deathwish sequels, I still think the ladies throwing themselves at Bronson is the most far-fetched, I mean, even more than Martin Balsam's attempt to plug the Beat It-clad baddies with a World War II machine gun.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I must protest Bubbler's comparison of Jill Ireland to Sondra Locke.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is that A-Rod?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For shame, mister John. The Giggler was none other than Alex Winter, aka, Bill S. Preston, Esq. You might have heard about his excellent adventure with one Ted "Theodore" Logan. The only thing they were "Breakin'" was the funny barrier!
    Mr. Winter also starred in the short-lived, but somewhat funny, early 90s MTV show "The Idiot Box".

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm 100-percent sure you are wrong.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You are correct, sir. I humble myself before you and bow my head in shame.
    The guy wasn't in Breakin', though. He was in an even more awesome 80s movie -- The Last Dragon.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

1) I am amused that Batman posted this. 2) Could be ARod. The Baseball Furies really struck out in the clutch.

For the record, everyone loves the Baseball Furies, but for my money, the two gangs right below them were the Oprhans: the gang with the green T-shirts, for whom each member unintentionally parodied someone from Welcome Back Kotter. We used to call them the Sweathog Gang. At number three, I put the Lizzies. Gangs of murderous lebians are divine, aren't they?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I just like the fact that Joe Theismann gets his in the end.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted