1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death to iTunes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I'll never tell, Dec 10, 2010.

1. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Chalk it up to my ignorance, but the friends that I have that use torrent sites describe them as clunky and much harder to navigate than these sites. I'll gladly pay 9 cents for presentation, but not 99.

It goes straight to my Norton, which is pretty good against viruses.

Also, like I said before, with a Visa gift card you have no risk of stealing a credit card number.

Will I end up in the Ninth ring of Hell for this? Who knows, but it's much in the same as my dating theory in college: I wouldn't take her home to Momma, but Momma ain't home tonight.

P.S. -- Russian Mob? Really? Not one single Russian without mob ties and some money for server space that's just trying to make a buck? It sounds like my grandfather, who swore up and down that the reason every single kid that played his radio loud was doing so because of "that damned dope."

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Russian mob. Really.

And you sound like someone trying to justify something he knows he shouldn't be doing.

3. I'll never tell

I had three effin' paragraphs trying to tell you I don't give a rat's ass. I'm not justifying anything.

I'm saying that whomever says "Russian Mob, Russian Mob" sounds like you're old and stupid or that you're spitting that same tired republican logic that says that all the money drug dealers make off weed goes to supporting terrorism.

Have you looked into those Oregon uniforms a little too long that it blinded you from those first three paragraphs.

Again ... Will I end up in the Ninth ring of Hell for this? Who knows, but it's much in the same as my dating theory in college: I wouldn't take her home to Momma, but Momma ain't home tonight.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Spare me. Two pages of "YouTube! Uh.. Toby Keith is rich!" but no, you are not justifying anything.

And I'm bringing up the Russian mob because these sites are owned by the fucking Russian mob. That is who operates them. You are not the first person to discover these sites -- they have been thoroughly covered in the media for years. You can giggle if it makes you feel better, but that's who owns them.

I did enjoy the line suggesting I'm "spitting the same tired republican logic," though.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

These sites aren't owned by the Russian mob because the movie industry didn't like VCRs and some guy's grandpa didn't like rock music and associated it with dope smoking. It's perfectly logical.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

They get less clunky as you get more accustomed to using them, but a file sharing piracy portal will never be as easy to use as a legal site where someone is paid to keep it clean and simple to navigate. You sacrifice ease of use and quality (in most cases, this is again why I prefer EMusic to ITunes) for getting something for nothing. If you're going to keep filesharing I'd encourage using torrent rather than this and playing with its interface.

Again, I am not pure when it comes to the Demon Filesharing, or I would not be familiar with torrent. But it is (imo) a better option than what you're doing because it's actually free and somewhat less riddled with issues. There tons upon tons of free streaming sites (I use Grooveshark) that are completely legal. There are a wide range of legal pay-to-dowloand options outside ITunes.

7. I'll never tell

And all these sites are run by Russian mobsters because a duck and a guy in powdered wig says so. Nothing else.

Oh, wait. Sorry, that's right. You've posted more times than I have. I bow to your unsubstantiated wisdom.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Empflix: stealing or not? Discuss

9. I'll never tell

That's either run by the Big Dick Mafia (they'll fuck you up) or looking at that stuff will make you go blind. But you can record it in your house, because it's fair use.

That's all I've learned today.

10. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

You're really stupid.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You should really, really stop talking about this subject until you've taken the time to educate yourself. You honestly don't know what you are talking about in even the vaguest sense. Or at least stop mocking the people who do understand it.

You are just spouting some random, self-serving crap that makes sense on a very superficial level to someone who doesn't understand the issue. AKA stoner logic.

12. I'll never tell

Rick, with all due respect, you're not much better.

When I was given the allmusicnow thing, that's when I finally found something other than message board babble. I said it was illegal.

You seemed to know something about this and explained fair use to me. I asked another question, totally valid (I thought) in the difference between the mediums of television and internet with respect to fair use.

Now you don't have to answer that question, that's fine. But I was open to hearing more, if you knew it.

I presented what I found, and the logic. You basically called me a stupid stoner.

I called y'all old republicans because your logic (widespread Mafia ownership, non-fact based) is just as stupid to me.

Am I an amoral person because I download music? Maybe. But I didn't play the message board troll card first and turn this thread into this.

Draft saved Draft deleted