1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death of someone who couldn't love himself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kickoff-time, Jan 25, 2012.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i've been constantly updating this page and hoping for the best and i'm not alone. no, it wasn't a stupid mistake.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Please, KOT. Look at the number of people who don't even know you who stopped what they were doing to try to help. Everything looks bleak and impossible right now. But it's not. I promise you, it's not. You have a family. Don't do this to them.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

PM any one of us.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Then you went to the wrong hospital. Go somewhere with a mental health unit, most of the major hospitals do. Please trust me on this. Try again.

At the very least, get the name of a good psychiatrist. The right medication can save your life.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

if you do nothing else, at least accept the fact that people here cared enough to try. it means you're not alone.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I will use my counselor and doctor for self help. Truly I didn't mean to scare anyone. Just wasn't sure what else to do.

I am fine though, but my money problems will haunt me and my family for several years I'm afraid.

7. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

1-800-273-TALK (8255). This is the number for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. If you don't feel comfortable talking with us about how you are feeling, I would strongly encourage you to call this number. You can talk to someone who wants to listen to you and won't judge you in any way for how you are feeling or what you are thinking about (not that we would). They can also help you get in touch with a therapist or other professional who can get your further help.

A few years ago, I was laid off from my job. I had a new baby, no job and was still dealing with PTSD from having lost a child a few years before that. Getting laid off was the last straw that caused my brain to - basically - stop firing correctly. I was depressed, had frequent panic attacks and some very dark thoughts. One of the only things that saved me was that I decided to get professional help (thanks to my wife's support/prodding). I started therapy sessions and took medicine to get my brain working right again. I didn't like some of the side effects and sometimes I felt worse than before I started, but eventually, the clouds started to life just a little bit.

So please talk to someone - a professional, a counselor, anyone here. You aren't alone here.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Of all the depression threads we've had here, this one post will stick with me forever. Here's the thread, http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2357171/ and here's the post, below. There is hope and help for everyone.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If it's tax issues, you can work out an installment agreement. I've been on one several years.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

that sounds like a good first step. you have to take it one step at a time. Try not to get overwhelmed. Take to people about your money problems. There is help out there.

Oh and stay away from Pop Tarts. That shit will kill you.

11. Money will not solve your problems. They are deeper than that. I guarantee it.
    Get help.
    Real help. Interacting with real people. Not messageboard friends a thousand miles away.

I pm'd you.

12. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy followed by stupidity followed by more debt.

And being outed isn't going to help me get side jobs to help get out of debt.

Maybe a very few of you know the cycle I am in.

I am in counseling on meds have family support but the financial burden is overwhelming and nobody gives loans to someone who is bankrupt with a 520 FICO score.

Draft saved Draft deleted