1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death of cassette - death of Mixed Tapes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 28, 2008.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Speaking of mix-tapes:

Made a mix-tape for a girlfriend that had the song "Let Me Clear My Throat" on it. That relationship didn't last long.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's fantastic.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's amazing.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I once gave a girl a mixtape that reflected my (self-styled) eclectic sensibilities.

She returned the favor with a mixtape heavy on the Vinnie Vincent Invasion and Slaughter.

That was not a relationship meant to last.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Worst mix tape memory, one night in college roommate's friend comes over to make a tape and proceeds to record Madonna's "Crazy for You" 8 times in a row!! while I'm studying for a midterm.

I did not have the heart to tell the fool that if he was that much of a wuss he had no chance. He ruined a perfectly good slow jam for me.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

The acid washed jeans and jelly shoes didn't give you hint?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

What is: the shoe I will wear to any 80s party ever ever ever.

Jelly shoes rocked my world...but I was like 10.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've only gotten a true mix tape once. That was back in college and was given to me by a girl I was batshit crazy over. It was more of an effort to get me into country music the way she was and it didn't really work. Most of the songs on there didn't do much for me, and since she started acting all crazy it quickly fizzled out. For shame too, since I was into her. Of course, she lives in the same town as me now, but is also married apparently. Oh well.

I got a mixed CD once too. There are some songs that, if I hear them, I think back to her. There's a lot of emotional impact in making those things.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I totally feel about making mix tapes as Rob Gordon does.

I took the Beatles' Love Songs album and put all those songs from the CDs on a tape for an old girlfriend, that took a while.

And I made 4 CDs worth if stuff Mrs. Slydell SHOULD like for her birthday when we were dating. She liked about 85 percent of it, which I was pretty astounded by. I'm a way bigger music snob than she ever thought about being.

I liked making mix tapes for girls, but I liked making them for people who should like the stuff I liked. Because, of course, I have terrific taste in music!

And hi-speed dubbing on our cassette player ruled.

Draft saved Draft deleted