1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear SJ.Com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Aug 20, 2008.

1. So the guy's on vacation?? JHC, you're getting bent over.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

You're telling me. Landlord in L.A. Roommate A in North Carolina. Lease is up end of October.
    Weak sauce.

3. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Next time, sign three individual leases. That's what I've always done for my roommates. If joe schmo doesn't pay, everything comes out of schmo's end. Not mine.

Take your friend to court if you want your dough back.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You need a lawyer.

Sounds like your landlord is stealing your money.

If there were thre individual leases, I'm not sure he had any right to take your money because your roommate defaulted.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I wouldn't care who I had to talk to. Five hundred dollars is enough to say fuck it man, you owe me five hundred bucks. Tell him to pay you installments or be cool about it but he owes you.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I think so, too, JR.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

JR's right. If you all signed separate leases, they have no right to take your security deposit for the roommate's problems.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

All the leases I signed in college were together, so everyone was responsible. You had to make sure you didn't live with a deadbeat.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you do get stuck withone, they're not called deadbeats for nuthin, if you know what I'm sayin.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I lived in two different places in college with individual leases. Didn't mean I liked my roommates any more or less, but I felt safe knowing I wasn't going to be cheated out of money for their messes/issues.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm going to call the landlord tonight to get to the bottom of this...hopefully

12. You're not getting anywhere with that attitude.

Repeat after me:

I'm getting my money back!

Draft saved Draft deleted