1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear President Bush, as the 6th anniversary of 9-11 approaches ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 26, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

The WORLD was 100% behind the USA after 9/11. Bush's international ratings were through the roof. Uncle Sam has never had so many blowjobs in his life.

You possed away all that goodwill when you decided to invade a country that had nothing to do with anything. As has been mentioned numerous times, you might as well have invaded Mexico.

2. Well, that certainly settles that.
    The Canadians were in Afghanistan. The Brits were in Afghanistan. The Aussies were in Afghanistan. The FRENCH were in Afghanistan. The Iranians cooperated with us in Afghanistan. So did the Jordanians, Syrians, Pakistanis, and Saudis. All of that is true.
    Of course, it's not as pithy as chanting ""U-S-A!" until your face turns blue.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And I should add, Canadians are still getting killed in Afghanistan. Weekly.

So, yes, Hondo, once again you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

4. Yes, all that dancing in the streets of Palestine on 9-11 was my imagination.

And all those idiots on CBC and British TV saying the U.S. deserved it was a bad dream.

And others (like France) were saying the right things, but I'm sure deep down inside, they felt a bit of "serves you right," too.

Anti-Americanism didn't start on Jan. 20, 2001.

And your analogy with Mexico is wrong on so many levels. Whatever.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You won the argument, Duke. No need to rub it in.

7. Not a single substantive argument in all this wanking.
    Remarkable.
    I take your point -- there were no Palestinian troops in Afghanistan, nor any French pundits you don't like, and don't care to name.

8. Well, if the God of the Message Board deems it so, then I guess it's so.

And, judging from past experiences, you would discredit any source I cite, anyway. Although you cite left-leaning sources all the time, and we huddled masses are just supposed to swallow it all.

It's pointless to debate with most of the lefties here -- their minds are made up, and they can't be changed or another viewpoint even acknowledged -- but some of us just love to beat our heads against the wall, I guess.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How can Fenian be God? Lefties don't believe in God.

Can you make him the Karl Marx of the message board? Then your anti-liberal rants would have more consistency.

Thank you.

10. Good point, as I clean off my screen after spitting the contents of my water bottle all over it from laughter ...

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Alleged news reports and some folks dancing in the streets trumps all of that, I'm afraid.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not a single substantive argument=anyone who doesn't agree with Fenian and JR.

Draft saved Draft deleted