1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear NBC...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Nov 4, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Didn't one of the Lam/Jam Jones boys spend some time in prison?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

HOLY FUCK! I thought I was the only one who had that game.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think so. More than likely, he dropped the soap too.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like "Talking Football" to me. "Blitz is on! Screen pass, 23 yards!"

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Greg Buttle is the take-no-shit assistant principal.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

That's the one.

Took forever to find on google images . . . . .

Great game. Much hooting when we would write our own team names on the little pieces of white cardboard that came with it, with those boys-will-be-boys names staring at us from the plastic scoreboard.

"They're in a prevent defense. Deep pass . . . 99 yards!!!!!"

OK, my memory's a bit faulty on the actual calls. But that game ruled. It and Dark Tower were the greatest faux-electronic board games of my youth.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/15945

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Monday Night Football talking game was a 1977 remake of the original Talking Football game from the early 70s.

I found this 1972 story from Time Magazine on "Talking Football." For you younger folks who have no idea what we older folks are talking about, it's a pretty good description.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944544,00.html

There was no such thing as PlayStation and Madden Football when I was a kid. Games like "Talking Football" were state of the art back then. The story says the voice on the records was that of Dick Enberg.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I got one for myself and gave some to friends for Christmas that year. I still play it every once in a while, though I'm not as good as I was as a kid.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Better than anything that's been mentioned on this thread:

[​IMG]

I spent years of my life playing this game. :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really? I'm shocked. :D

This was a great game. Alas, it came out when I was 15, so I was starting to drift away from those games and becoming interested in girls video games. Five years earlier and I have no doubt I would have played it 24/7.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

As a youngster, I used to build stadiums with shoe boxes, complete with bases and everything in my basement. I would use baseball cards (in the cases of course) and make teams. I would "pitch" the ball with the pitcher, and swing the card to mimic a "hit". I kept box scores and scorecards for those games when I had nothing else to do. Those were the days.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

SUPER TOE

Draft saved Draft deleted