1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear MPAA: Please update ratings system

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Nov 22, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, so I took my kids to see Happy Feet yesterday, and yeah, I shoulda known this going in, but I was really irritated with the agenda-pushingsymbolism. I'd like to have agendas pushed on me at times of my choosing, rather than being ambushed with them. Some people go to movies to be entertained and escape for a little while, not to be brow-beaten. So, a suggestion: Add SB to the rating of any picture that steps up on a soap box. That is all. [/rant]

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to pick nits, but to which agendas were you referring?

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The radical gay penguin lobby.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Tap-Dancing Penguin Association of Antarctica, which formerly employed Jack Abramoff.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Gay penguins have rights, too

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

But what about polygamist penguins?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think polygamy is legal in Antarctica

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Funny stuff....

But I'm serious. What kind of agenda was being touted? I'm taking my son to see it and would like to know.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't have any plans on seeing this movie, but the question of what agenda is being pushed is really intriguing.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

At roughly 3:30 p.m. EDT today (November 20, 2006), News Corp., Fox's parent company, announced that it was canceling not only the publication of O.J. Simpson's book, If I Did It, but the corresponding Fox television special scheduled to air at the end of the month.

Half an hour later, during Fox's alleged "business news" program, Your World w/Neil Cavuto, Cavuto was silent on News Corp.'s move but he did have time for a segment bashing the new movie Happy Feet. He said he thought it was "like an animated Inconvenient Truth." He wondered if Hollywood was trying to "sneak one by us," and he claimed the movie has a "hidden agenda" that is "pretty far left."

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/11/20/cavuto_doesnt_report_that_news_corp_canceled_the_oj_deal_but_he_does_report_that_the_movie_happy_feet_has_a_far_left_hidden_agenda.php

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Oh, so people are crying about the information that global warming is scary. Got it.

Draft saved Draft deleted