1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Lucas:

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Apr 27, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not sure how to adequately say thanks for creating this wonderful, bizarre, twisted, brilliant community, but on behalf of all the friendships, jobs, relationships, babies, wars, rivalries, and careers that were launched because of this site....thanks.

Looking forward to seeing what's next for us, but nothing will ever be as great as the original.

ps, Also, please provide a birth certificate so you can prove we are not the same person. 8)

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I hope you made a boatload of jing on the sale. Or at least a turned a tidy profit. Great idea, great execution and, of course, great people on this site.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

huge ditto to all of those sentiments as we all hold our breath, waiting to see if life 'round here really won't be changing. ::) ::) ::)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dear Lucas:

HOLY SHIT!

Sincerely,

Armchair

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Thanks for everything Webby.

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Dear Lucas,

For the love of god, don't let 21 have the keys for even five minutes during the transition. It wont go well.

Congratulations on building a business that someone else saw value in. I mean besides myself (a guy with no money)

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ditto.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I truly hope there are no major changes in terms of the way this message board works. I like it here because even when people are at odds, they still write in complete sentences that make sense, and things are spelled correctly and have punctuation.

Thanks, Lucas.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I would like to introduce you to a few posters. :)

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I echo this as well.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Considering Care Bear's "situation", I hope the new owners have secured a sufficient insurance policy to cover potential liabilities.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dear Lucas,

There's too much to convey, but all I can say is that there's never been a better avenue for me to express myself than via SJ.

Seriously, my life would be a lot different, and a lot less interesting, if not for this place.

Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted