1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear CNN, please quit pandering to the US Weekly crowd

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wake up and flip on CNN to see the latest news. Instead, I get 20 minutes of breathless coverage of Britney Spears shaving her head and getting two tattoos.

WTF!?!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When I turned it to CNN yesterday, it was Anna Nicole Smith's will coverage nonstop. It's just who they are now.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

C'mon, be fair. It's not that limited.

CNN is also about crazed hatred of Mexicans.

4. Just be happy it was her head.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Inky, how nice of you to send trolls elsewhere.

6. Ya know, I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but it sure seems like Britney, Paris or one of the emaciated drugged-out trollops comes prancing out of the woodwork with a sex tape or a nipple slip or an "inadvertent" flash of the landing strip whenever there's... you know... real news going on.

Please tell me no non-tabloid newspapers will put bald Britney on A1. Please?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're slaves to the ratings.

You would not believe the ratings the Smith horseshit has drawn, at all major outlets.

Jesus is flat-out of tears.

8. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Apparently, if those month-old paparazzi shots are to be believed, the drapes now match the carpet.

EDIT: Adds that I just saw that micropolitan_guy apparently beat me to this punchline on the Anything Goes board, though we came up with it independently of one another. Don't want him to think I plagiarized him.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It isn't a big story until Nancy Grace can call for someone to be put in jail for this...

Draft saved Draft deleted