1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear AP ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin_Rice, Aug 12, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The Reuters package has evolved quote a bit even from 2010. They came in about a year ago and made a major push. I could visualize a way that the thing might have worked for us but I was really happy that we stuck with AP. Leveraged our interest some, I guess you'd say. They made a strong case for what they were doing.

2. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Reuters has partnered with Sports Xchange for sports, including handling agate. Sports Xchange has hired stringers to cover most sports events.

Also, Reuters has partnered with USA Today for sports photos.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Explain this to me.
    About an hour ago AP moved a list of the remaining MLB free agents. On that list was: Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera, Roy Oswalt, Roy Halliday, and AJ Burnett. Four players who retired and one who just signed a contract four days ago.
    Why are they still on the list?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Maybe they haven't filed retirement papers so could conceivably sign with another team? That, or nobody edited them recently. More likely the latter.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Running more and more Chicago Tribune stories from Olympics, mainly to get the Americans into the lead. That was the compelling story from men's skeleton today but AP didn't deliver.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same here. Absolutely a drop of the ball on that event. Especially with how Daly was afterward.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The AP photog must be obsessed with Bode's wife's ring. How many shots of it do we need?!

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Which member requested photos from the two-week-old Warriors-Nuggets game? And did they really need to be on the wire in the midst of Clippers-Warriors Game 6?

Draft saved Draft deleted