1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin story selections

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

As of 10 a.m., these were the stories posted, in order from top to bottom, on Deadspin (a day after Auburn-Alabama, Nevada-Boise, Oregon-Arizona, etc.)

1. Bunch of Nevada fans flipping the bird.

2. Two New Zealand teenagers rescued after begin adrift in the ocean.

3. High School football players cutting a dance video.

4. Dominican baseball prospect Felix Pie throwing a tantrum in a Winter League game.

5. Someone with a bloody shirt hugging his grandmother.

6. Something about a girl giving a guy a hummer in the guy's girlfriend's bathroom.

7. Other items: a girl so drunk she crapped her pants and something about an Asian guy and a handjob.

A.J. and Tommy ... you guys suck very badly these days.

I get the irreverent frat-boy humor take on everything. But seriously?

2. joeggernaut

joeggernaut Member

They rarely post anything on the weekends. Wait until Monday if you're looking for their take on this weekend.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then who's posting all the stories on blow jobs, hand jobs, objects inserted in rectums and girls doing No. 2 in their pants?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's part of their series of high school reunion horror stories. (Well, not the rectal object one.) It's definitely not sports related, but those stories were part of a series, not just random tidbits.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, hondo. But it's appropriate. If you object to this kind of stuff, might as well not read Deadspin.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing except that it's on Deadspin, but this is a fucked up story:

http://deadspin.com/5700162/motorcyclist-dies-shortly-after-winning-race-in-dubai

7. I can get my sports reaction stuff from anywhere, I go to Deadspin for the stuff that's unusual. I look forward to the great stories in drunken hookup failure every Friday. It's nice to read something different that makes me laugh sometimes. You don't like it, don't read it. Read something more serious, like anything on SportsJournalists.com.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Complaining about the frat boy humor on Deadspin is like complaining the food is shitty at McDonalds. It takes a special kind of...person...to do it.

Also, Felix Pie hasn't been a prospect since 2007. JFC. Please play on the computer only in the presence of a coherent adult, R.A.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's a different Felix Pie, I think, besides the former Cubs prospect.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted