1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin posts the Favre pics. Ugh.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Oct 7, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So let's get a jump on a couple of big questions before everyone else asks them and we're behind. Feel free to add your own:

1. Seems there are two different things going on here, 1) Brett creeping on a hot woman in the tunnel and subsequently trying to get her to his hotel room, and/or 2) Brett committing the potentially criminal act of sending naked photos of himself to an unconsenting recipient.

Question: In the event #2 turns out to be a legit act by Favre, does the commissioner have an obligation to get involved? And to what extent?

2. What would be the motivation of Jenn Sterger to give these photos--exclusively-- to Deadspin? She has every right to be disturbed and distressed and upset over the harassment. And considering she's someone with reasonably extensive contacts within sports and the media, if she's truly trying to right a wrong, isn't there a less ha-ha-hee-hee way to proceed?

I don't know, I'm just asking.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

re 2. they said they got them from a 3rd party, not from her. Whoever

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I recall the original story was that she told Deadspin all the details about the calls and the photos but she hadn't decided whether to produce them.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I dunno, I'm just relating the Deadspin story where it says "Sadly, Jenn is still reluctant to talk on the record about the matter. Everything shown in the above video was acquired from a third party."

No telling who provided the stick pic, but it doesn't appear that she sent it directly to Deadspin.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why you would believe those sleazebags is a greater mystery than where they got the photo.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I call shenanigans. If he were stepping out, he could do better and more discreet than Sterger

7. If the pictures are legit - will the NFL suspend Favre? On the 4-game scale of Big Ben's suspension where does stalking and sending explicit photos stand?

Jenn may not be talking on lawyers advice. I guess that a big part of Favre's reported $20 mil salary may be going to a settlement.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This was the same guy who was supposedly banging a Packers PR intern a few years back.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My point, mizzou, is that Favre would almost surely know about Sterger mbkgng her life an open book

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Which brings up an interesting subthread. Packerland isn't alone in silent intimidation. I'd wager that there's more teams practicing this than not. A notable exception being the Mets, whose every fuckup reaches the papers and airwaves.

Of course, it's very fair to wonder why we have to see Favre's donger or care if he sticks it in anything that moves. But it makes you wonder what the public would know if these teams didn't spend so much time intimidating reporters into silence.

11. Mizzougrad96

Not to be crass, but I think he was trying to fuck her and I don't think he thought much beyond that.

I find it funny that someone who didn't marry his wife until his daughter was 10 or so is supposed to be a family man. During one of Holmgren's last seasons in Green Bay, Deanna came out to the practice field and confronted Favre and Holmgren about Favre's sleeping around.

I have a friend who used to cover the Packers and his boss asked him to write the "Brett is a family man" story about five years ago and the writer looked him in the face and said, "So you want a piece of fiction?"

12. Mizzougrad96

Peter King has seen the pictures and said it is definitely Brett Favre's cock.

Draft saved Draft deleted