1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead woman reappears in Fla.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 2, 2013.

1. Fascinating story on "dead" Pa. woman who reappears in Florida, 11 years later. I read this a few days ago and it's starting to pick up.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/pennsylvania-woman-reappears/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I feel like I wasted the Rocky Dennis pic on the wrong thread.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I got better...

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They have yet to find her eyebrows.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

When I saw this headline, I couldn't help but think of this.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She looks dead.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, really feel for the ex-husband living under the cloud of suspicion and the two kids.

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

We had a similar situation in my hometown when I was in middle school, and I was friends with the son and daughter whose mother disappeared.

Tons of gossip about how and why she disappeared but nothing verified. Police investigated, the husband threw open the doors to the house and business to let them do whatever, and so on. She literally vanished one day and never was heard from again.

I asked a friend last year about it and he said an investigator found the woman in Ohio and she had re-married. Some 20-plus years after disappearing, the (ex)-husband and son drove up there to see if she would just talk to them.

My friend said he was told the (new) husband opened the door and the woman was standing behind him. When they said who they were and were looking for her, by her name, she turned and walked away into the house. Wouldn't talk with them, even the son she had not seen in decades. He took it harder than his father, who similar to the ex-husband of this woman in Florida had been living under the cloud of suspicion.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

WTF is wrong with people?

How can you just abandon your own children, without a shred of remorse?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

She couldn't get housing, she
    I think the story shows she has a lot of remorse.

She was rejected for financial aid, didn't know how she'd get a place to live or be able to raise her kids. She probably felt that her kids would be better off without her. Of course, with the route she chose it would be hard to argue with her on that last point.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Effin Republicans. At least now she will have health care.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Such a sad story. The ex-husband's comments at the end really tug at the heart:

Draft saved Draft deleted