1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead classmates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 6, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I call bs on the road head story.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm having one of those laughing fits where your sides actually hurt. Oh, shit.
    Well done, Double J and Ace. Very well done.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

She means, four kids swore to kill themselves, two dumb-asses went ahead with the plan, the other two said "PSYCH!"

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Very well.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It must have been opposite day.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Two kids did it at my school, but they were freshmen when I was a senior.

They made a pact in elementary school to kill themselves on a certain day. When the day came, one ate the gun and the other wised up.

One was the starting running back on the freshman football team and the other was on the student council.

Like I said, Heathers was a popular movie when I was growing up.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

From the class of 1994, only three of my classmates have died - one committed suicide, another of cystic fibrosis and a third from a drug overdose.

In the classes before and after mine:

Class of 1993: One guy on the football team died of heart failure about five years ago(later found out he was hooked on anabolic steroids). Another guy committed suicide.

Class of 1995: One friend died of brain cancer about three years ago. A girl died of a brain aneurysm during my junior year of high school. During the last week of school my senior year, a guy fell from the catwalks of a bridge while he was high.

Class of 1996: One of my former track teammates hung herself behind the school she student-taught at, a week before Christmas of 2000.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

One's on Alabama's death row. One girl I had dated died in a car accident in which myself and another friend were the first to find. She was folded in a gruesome position beneath what was left of the dash and steering wheel. High.

One in Iraq. One in Afghanistan.

That's four of 26 in my graduating class.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

299 in my high school class of '76.

I think about 20 are gone now. I would guess we'll lose about 50 by our next reunion in 2016.

(I've missed the last two anyway; for all I know, some people in my class may think I'm dead.)

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You too, Starman?

Somebody found me facebook and sent me a message say she thought I was dead.

To my knowledge, and granted I haven't kept in touch very well, there are four who've died.

1) The son of my mother's best friend and my "near twin," Four-wheeler accident
    2) Vice president of the student council, car accident about five days after he got his license
    3) Extremly artistic kid who lived in abject poverty, accidental gun shot while cleaning his gun after hunting for squirrels

After we graduated
    4) Girl I barely knew, suicide about five years ago.
    5) Another girl I barely knew, blood clot after breaking her ankle. Fourth grandchild from that family to die. They lost three that year, another died of a drug overdose and the other died in a car accident.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Aside from my class, we had one girl die on prom night when she was hit by a drunk driver., She was a senior, I was a freshman.

My sophomore year, a girl died at school when she had a seizure.

My senior year, a freshman girl who was very sweet died when her boyfriend, who was drunk and high, tried to outrun the cops, wrecked and she went flying through the windshield.

We thought one guy was going to die at football practice when he keeled over running. He was about 450 pounds easy and a raging drunk. Not sure why football practice in the summer was hard on him!

After we graduated, a few people were killed in car wrecks, one guy went "away" somwhere on a bad acid trip, but never died.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

A few while in high school.

- The principal's son died in a car wreck after he fell asleep at the wheel. Terrible situation all around.

- A classmate who I didn't know very well ruptured her spleen and died the next day.

- Another classmate, who sat in front of me during art, died in a car accident the semester after I completed the class.

After high school, no idea ... I only stay in touch with a handful of folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted