1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC sniper execution date set

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Sep 16, 2009.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Why?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

But based on the comments on this thread, you're out of synch with the SportsJournalists.com medievalists.

I'm surprised no one wanted to draw and quarter the poor bastard and put his head on a spike.

Always nice to see a supposed civilized country engaging in barbaric state sanctioned murder.

Carry on.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

We shall. Thanks for the ham and maple syrup.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Three hots? I don't think so, unless a bologna sandwich is considered a hot meal.

And most final meal requests are now limited, usually to something like $20 and within a few miles of the prison.

'But he ate my last meal.' 'Well, if that's the worst thing that happens to you tonight, consider yourself lucky.' 'Are you really allowed to execute people in a local jail?' 'From now on, no talking.'

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

And bend over!

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

"The life," as described by you.

7. Per Wiki

In the United States of America most states give the meal a day or two before execution, and use the euphemism "special meal". Alcohol or tobacco is usually denied. An unorthodox or unavailable request will be replaced with a substitute. Some states place tight restrictions. For example, Texas limits last meals to food available within the prison system, though occasionally permitting food "from the free world".[1] In Florida, the food for the last meal must be purchased locally and the cost is limited to $40.[

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted