1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daytona Beach aficionadoes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ben_Hecht, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . who may know a route through the voicemail maze so that I might
    reach either (a) an accounts-receivable person on the ad side, or (b)
    the CFO, please PM me, and thanks.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All my peeps have already been laid off .. and the CFO got fired by phone Tuesday night by Hopson along with the rest of the senior management.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD01043009.htm

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Any hints on how to break throughthat wholly-unfriendly vm maze would be appreciated . . .

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I always went around it (cell phones and whatnot) when I had to deal with it.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Understood, but that's not the deal, here . . . trying to reach people in certain positions who won't know me from the man in the moon . .

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Try calling for a reporter, then asking him or her to help you out. Of course, you'd have to know the name of a reporter who's not on furlough right now.

7. call (386) 681-2274....that's the sports desk, and they can transfer you from there

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thanks . . . too late for me, today, but will try that . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted