1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Davidson students get free trip to Sweet 16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Alas, I think it ends tomorrow night.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The 6 o'clock SportsCenter had an interview with the 13-year-old kid who has one of two perfect brackets in the ESPN tournament challenge.

He picked Davidson to win the whole thing. I'd love to see that, but I doubt it will happen.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Could he collect the $1 million if he's correct with a perfect bracket? I thought the winner needed to be above the age of 18.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I have them going to the elite eight, but I'm now regretting that as I don't see them getting past Wiscy.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good for Davidson. Better for the hardy students willing to make the journey.

The implication is just as strong as the story ... you're not suddenly some lout who doesn't care about classes or education because of going on a road trip.

And dreunc, kudos to your fellow supporters for helping them along in the stands during the games. Class move.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Did anyone catch the kid's interview on ESPN? He said followed college basketball mostly out of the newspapers and some online, since he didn't have TV. Take that, Internets.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Unless I'm mistaken, they're not perfect brackets -- they've just got the right final 16. I think they each missed a bunch of first-rounders.

8. They each missed like 3 first round games. Thats it. Fucking unbelievable. Every year there is some smartass that calls 99% of the games.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Then they'll get riddled by bullets in Detroit.

$385 million endowment or not, it's a nice gesture by the school. You think for 41K a year they'll travel nice?

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That is sweet to read that. Props to Davidson. Take that you pompous-ass big school hypocrites. You have enough money to send your big money boosters, and then tell your students to go fuck themselves and find their own way to the Sweet 16.

11. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

It's actually some of the members of the college's board of trustees that are putting up the money for the trip, not the college itself

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....
    And for 41 large a year, they need to be chartering a plane

Draft saved Draft deleted