1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Shuster suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Hey, thanks for the grammar lesson. I apologize for not proofing my post.

You know damn well if Shuster said that about Jenna Bush he wouldn't have been suspended. When does Erin Burnett return from her suspension for calling Bush a monkey?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He'd have been suspended for saying that about Jenna Bush and rightly so. Does anyone here work for a paper where a writer would be allowed to use the phrase "pimped out" about the child of the subject of a story? I doubt it.

3. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

This coming from our resident romance writer.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Who just happens to be correct.

5. Exactly. No fuckin' way this even gets posted if this comment is geared towards a republican's family. We probably wouldn't even know it happened.
    Except for Fenian, of course. I know he would have been livid because his moral compass sees no political party.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread did not begin -- and neither will it middle or end -- well.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I missed the part of the story where Hillary called and bitched and pressured MSNBC to suspend the guy. Can someone email me that?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm no Clinton fan but that comment was uncalled for and totally inappropriate. He deserves to get some time off for it.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I agree. And my earlier post wasn't meant to suggest otherwise. But I still think the only reason MSNBC caved was because of the debate later this month.

10. Yes, because the news programs have been full of talk about W and Laura "pimping" Jenna. And about the Bushes killing people on their rise to power.
    Jesus, give me a break.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What's most disgusting to me is that commentators have been going after Chelsea Clinton since she was a gawky 12-year-old with braces. Absolutely disgraceful, regardless of how you feel about her parents.

12. Really, guys, "pimping out" their daughter?
    Lucianne Goldberg -- mother of Jonah -- once made a crack about Bill "finger-fucking" his daughter.
    She's a crone. David Shuster is a well-regarded broadcast professional.
    There is -- and ought to be -- a difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted