1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Shuster suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/politics/shuster_suspended_for_pimped_out_comment_77059.asp

Man, the Clintons really are sacred cows.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She is... what did he say that was so wrong?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Do believe he could have phrased it a different way, and gotten away with the observation.

The phraseology he used left him on the thinnest of ice.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What absolute bullshit!

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think the comment was a tad out of bounds. I also believe the only reason the suspension happened is to protect the Obama-Clinton debate later this month on ... MSNBC.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Guess we better be all careful. Else we might join Vince Foster in a shallow grave somewhere.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Once again, Hillary plays the victim card.

How can anyone vote for a woman who complains about exploitation, when she has exploited anything that has come her way? Philandering, sexism, whatever she can exploit, she does.

8. Oh, this is all bullshit.
    For 15 years, it has been permissable -- even encouraged -- to say almost anything about the Clintons on national television. FNC aside, Matthews has been greasy and inhuman on the subject for a decade. It got so bad this year that he had to apologize and that, of course, pissed off all his manly man buddies. This comment -- is Meghan McCain being "pimped" for her father? Cate Edwards? Liz Cheney? -- is over the line, out of bounds, and under a truck. Good for MSNBC.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I am baffled that anyone would think that his comments were appropriate and that he shouldn't receive some punishment.

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

What he said. (Fenian)
    To everybody on this board who has to turn something shitty done to the Clintons into them playing some kind of "card" -- Screw you, asswipe.
    But why waste energy on someone who thinks "Clintons" takes an apostrophe.
    Do you really have a job writing or editing?????

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hope she boycotts the debate. Shows what a petty, churlish person she is.

And his comments may not have been appropriate, but considering who is doing the whining, I have no sympathy.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not going to vent towards HRC on this one.

No way.

There's already enough ammo.

Draft saved Draft deleted