1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Geffen may have sunk Hillary today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah . . . Geffen's SO mainstream . . . not.

He's as representative of the Democratic party, at large, as Georgetown's basketball team is to G-Town's student body . . .

Yawn . . . are we that desperate for copy to play stenographer for this twerp?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fucken A, I hope so.

And a Richardson-Obama ticket would get every one of my "vote early, vote often" votes. ;D

3. Garner

Garner Member

We need Gen. Wesley Clark. Isn't anyone else tired of career politicians who've stayed in power thanks to false promises and big business contributions? How about someone with some actual life experience, gathered outside the walls of Congress. Someone who can speak without sounding like he has a puppeteer's hand up his butt. Ah who cares, I can't even vote.

4. boots

boots New Member

I am torn right now between Hillary and Obama. I like them both. I like Hillary because she's been there before and knows what to do. Obama may be a year too early, but he sounds like he has an idea on how to steer the country.
    It's a shame this is all popularity, but I think either one could do an adequate job. I just think Hillary, because of experience, is better.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Totally disagree.

Guy was literally in bed with the Clintons in years past.

His words will carry a lot of weight among many potential Clinton voters.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Richardson is a more squeaky-clean version of Henry Cisneros, once a rising national politico star.
    And boots, I can't believe it's that much of a toss-up for you between Hillary and Obama.
    Can't you see Obama'd be the best choice, by far, between the two.
    I thinnk you know this already, and are merely stirring more SportsJournalists.com debate.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Didn't Richardson get busted for DWI?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure, it's another one of Mo Dowd's "cotton candy" columns but it also happens to be the biggest buzz generator in political circles today.

(Yes, I saw Saturday's column and I'd rather not discuss that!)

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Simon: You're entitled, but darling David is just another far-out Hollywood liberalulu. The lunchpail Dem voter in no way identifies with that joker.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nobody cares what Geffen thinks but a lot of people care about where the money goes down.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why does that matter?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I am Wes-bian as all get-out, but he won't run against Hillary.

Draft saved Draft deleted