1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Carr signs with Panthers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Start backing up. MSN had it on the link to the story on their home page. It wasn't the headline on the story, just on the link.

Used Carr: Panthers get former No. 1

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cosmo hates Jake Delhomme with every fiber of his being.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm curious to find out why.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's a fantasy football thing, but spnited doesn't care. :D

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It dosn't matter, he's 27. Way too old for her :D

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ha!

And TTIUWP.

I've always wanted to post that :D

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Man if John Fox is smart he would have Carr as the starting QB for the Panthers I mean Jake didn't not play good last year, and I think Carr is better.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I mean lets compare there stats from last season and you will agree with me.

G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
    David Carr- 16 16 442 302 68.3 2767 6.26 53 11 12 41/240 25 3 82.1
    Jake Delhome- 13 13 431 263 61.0 2805 6.51 72 17 11 22/167 30 7 82.6

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'd say their stats are fairly comparable. Carr had a better comp%, but he also threw more interceptions than he did TDs. Delhomme, meanwhile threw for 6 more TDs in three less games. Carr will make a good back up, at least give Delhomme some competition for the first spot, but noway does FOx just hand it over.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When you become smarter than John Fox, feel free to make the change.

Until then, understand that Jake is the starter until further notice. I'm sure David Carr was made well aware of that before he signed. Besides, he should enjoy seeing a game from somewhere besides from his back with guys with the wrong-colored jersey hanging on him.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I still think Carr should've gone to Miami but I also think this is going to help him by having someone like Jake to learn from. And I don't see Carr being the starter this year. John Fox, and pretty much the whole football team, love Jake Delhomme. He knows the system and he knows what he's doing. Now, if the Panthers struggle again this season, I think the competition will open up simply because the fans will start chanting "We want Carr". Having said that, I truly believe this team has enough talent to make the Super Bowl again. Especially since they play in the NFC.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

TSP has confirmed that David Carr still stinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted