1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Blaine set to finish making ass for the latest time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 24, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That finale was incredibly lame. I wonder what it was like for the people who were there. I'm assuming they didn't hear a helicopter overhead. I mean, could they see what was going on up there? Either way, it sucked on TV.

But, as I posted on the Anything Goes board, the street stuff is still mind blowing.

(And Criss Angel couldn't make David Blaine's jock disappear.)

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if the director of the show wasn't briefed or what, but the way the "finale" was shot looked so incredibly lame. It was like a guy is on stage, they turn off the lights, and when the lights come back on "he's gone." Incredibly lame. Sorry John Saunders got stuck doing it. This show made "Duel" and "Wipeout" look like Masterpiece Theater.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm guessing an intrepid reporter could go down to the NYC permits office (or whatever it's called) and find out a lot of info about how he was lifted away.

As the credits were rolling, I thought I heard people on the scene booing.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had it on, went into another room to do something for a while, and came back just in time to see the ending. I thought I had missed it. WTF was that? If anyone paid money to see that crap live, it's a good thing he disappeared.
    Let's hope the term "Dive of Death" also applies to the ratings for his next special.

5. Inky_Wretch

Blaine said the ending was ruined by President Bush ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1060038/Cheating-David-Blaine-booed-crowd-admits-upside-stunt-failure.html

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

George Bush hates magicians.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll give credit to Blaine for going on Regis and Kelly to explain what went wrong, but yes, I think "Dive of Death" might make it's way into the lexicon, just as Al Capone's vault did.
    Funny thing is, I'm more impressed with those two and three year-olds who fall out of the second floor of their homes and walk away unscathed.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Mind over matter.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

David Blaine has some good illusions but his personality is so droll he's annoying.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There was nothing in Al Capone's vault
    But it wasn't Geraldo's fault

11. Inky_Wretch

Outing Alert: kokane_muthashed is Kanye West!

Draft saved Draft deleted