1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Beckham: Best of all-time?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, May 16, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He could literally do that, huh?

Move over, Uri Geller.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm awfully damn ignorant when it comes to soccer, but even I know the OP's question ridiculously stupid.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I see SJ's Valtrex medication ran out.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of people calling it a gimmick and all hype when he signed with MLS, but he did a hell of a lot to raise the profile of that league. And when he was healthy and playing, if he wasn't the best/most valuable player in the league, he was in the top two or three.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Be that as it may, his wife is still an insufferable little gnat.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Was he even ever the best player on any team he played on?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not a Tom Cruise fan? :D

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, well that's an interesting one.

Probably when he was loaned to Preston North End before he debuted with United. But that might be it.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Is this a serious question? David Beckham, the best of all-time? Not even the best in England history.

If someone is going to start a thread wanting to discuss the greatest soccer player in history, perhaps Pele, Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Franz Beckenbauer would be a better player to start with. Current? I've heard that Lionel Messi guy is good.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't know a whole lot about soccer but I've seen that question asked a couple different places today.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It must be all of Beckham's World Cup success which led the OP to pose the question.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd have to go through each year's roster, but I honestly think he might not have been. I can't think of a season of his that just wows me like some other players.

Draft saved Draft deleted