1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dave collins piece

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SheaSeals, May 14, 2007.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

If Bobby Cox leaves, Jimy Williams will have exactly the right temperament to lead this club.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr F,

Why, why, would Bobby Cox ever leave the security of this club? You go out to another organization, lose three games in a row and your ass is fired. He's manager for life here. Twenty years from now and they might name Exhibition Stadium after him. Or at least the Bulova Tower.

YHS, etc

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Goalmouth loves Rance Mulliniks!!!! :D :D :D

4. friend of the friendless

Sirs, Madames,

I think that this just might be the year they give Mitch Webster the shot he really deserves. I think Bill James is right about that Moseby kid--you look at him and you get excited with the flash and speed and all. But the genius has him second last in Baseball Abstract and I think that's about right, maybe even generous. Why they'd give up on Hosken Powell I dunno. Who're they gonna put out there?

Saw Jim Clancy down at Scotland Yard the other night. Drunk as a skunk and he left his jacket there--so big I thought it was a black leather dropsheet or something. I've never owned a car that was worth as much as that thing.

YHS, etc

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Greatest. Thread. Ever. That Bulova Tower reference was awesome.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Anyone going to this Saturday's game against California? PM me if you want to meet up at that bar on the south side of the Ex (I can never remember the name of it, I'm usually so gunned). Might be at the Wheat Sheaf after, too. Saw Balor Moore in there one night.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

I might be up for it, Huggy, so long as we don't sit in the bleachers. I get tired of looking straight at the left-field fence all game, and I burned my ass on them the last time around.

Fucking Adidas shorts. So short.

8. friend of the friendless

Sirs, Madames,

I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of that "Okay, Blue Jays, Let's Play Ball." They're gonna change that up in another season or two, max. (Guy that wrote, Tony Kosinec, had a thing called All Things Come from God on the Chum Chart a few years back. I met the guy. What a creep. God would butt his cigarette out on his head.) You guys should meet me in Section 7. Just don't tell anybody else about it. Mr Jones, you'll get a burn on the back of your neck to match your upper thighs, such that they are.

YHS, etc

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

B.J. Birdy needs to go too but I can't ever see them replacing him. I bet he'll be so popular they'll give him his own comic strip in the Star or something.

10. SheaSeals

SheaSeals Member

I do not appreciate you people mocking this.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

I don't appreciate Ernie Whitt's base-running, but what can you do? The guy has heavy feet.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Then tell us the fuckin point of posting this!

Draft saved Draft deleted