1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating sites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 30, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They do. You're choices are just very, very, very limited in rural areas. Given where Phila is, he should have a pretty wide range of choices though . . .

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I've used Yahoo for a long time. I decided to cough up the dough and go premium for three months. I got no hits, even with a picture for them to see.

Check that, I got no quality hits. It was women over 30 with 3 kids in tow, tats on their breasts and looking for a "real man" to settle down with. Talk about the pick of the litter in Iowa. If it's not upscale bar skanks or chicks who think wearing a tube top three sizes too small is sexy, the dating world here in Iowa, to me, isn't very promising.

Outside of that, when it comes to the dating world, I've never ventured into it and I have no clue how to react, handle, and manage dating (never dated in high school, college, or post-college up to now). Another factor to it is my fear of being intimate. After seeing my parents divorce as a teen, to see them remarry and redivorce again and again, I remain a hopeful person, but the disillusionment and fear of not succeeding in a relationship looms large. For most men, it's pretty stupid to overanalyze, but if you are someone (man or woman) who isn't dating or finding a mate for marriage by the time you hit your 30's, you start to think that something is seriously wrong with you.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, wait to do these things for a while because you'll get accused of trying to get them in a relationship:

1. Get them flowers.
    2. Give them compliments.
    3. Ask them about what they like.
    4. Hold their hand only after they grab yours first.
    5. Hold them after they basically sit on top of you.
    6. Kiss them only after they kiss you first.

Hopefully you can see how all of that would be misconstrued by the ladies because I'm still trying to figure it out.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Some people think dating off the internet is weird. Me? I could care less. I say we live in the technology age so why the hell not. I guess it all matters if you care what peope think of you. My only advice is to be up front with what you want. That way you'll be protected against the bullshit that no doubt will come your way at some point in time.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

melock, what if it's the other way around, with the lady pursuing it? I ask this because several of my friends have had that happened to them many times. It's amazing that they didn't bang them right away.

6. sportschick

A guy not making some attempt to make physical contact with me by the third date gets kicked to the curb, melock. All that really depends on the girl, and if you don't ask me about what I like on teh first date, well, fuck you. You're obviously not interested in me.

7. See, that's where I can sympathize with many of the single guys on this board (not you girls, you're being offered dick every day ;D) because so many of the young reporters live in BFE. I had the most trouble finding women when I was in BFE ... not even hot women, but young, single women who didn't have a wedding ring or more children then teeth.

For awhile I even went out with a 35-year-old divorced Hispanic Spanish teacher whose son was nearly my age ... more out of convenience for both of us than anything ... good times, good times.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Damn me and my forgeting how to use the blue type. That was all sarcasim SC. My fault for not making that clearer.

9. sportschick

Maybe he should start having them screened by a psychiatrist first :D

10. sportschick

I don't read sarcasm well, dammit!!!!!

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Like I was their chauffeur to Psycho Lane.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm seriously thinking about employing one.

Draft saved Draft deleted