1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dateline Exclusive: Net Perv Blows Brains Out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

TERRELL, Tex., Nov. 6 — A prosecutor in this North Texas town killed himself Sunday as the police tried to arrest him on charges of soliciting sex over the Internet from a person he thought was a 13-year-old boy.

The prosecutor, Louis Conradt Jr., 56, had been caught in a sting operation set up by Dateline NBC, the television news magazine, and an Internet watchdog group called Perverted Justice. An NBC camera crew was outside the house to film the scene when the fatal shot was fired.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/07/us/07pedophile.html?_r=3&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1163006557-0qEBuCdTANMW3TH3pT54pg&oref=slogin

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Guess what this thread is useless without?

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Good. If only they would all shoot themselves.

5. busuncle

busuncle Member

I'm amazed that so many police departments and TV stations give credibility to this dangerous vigiliante group.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm very happy for it.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Post of the year.

8. Is this the same story was the down the side of the DMN front someone posted a few days ago?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes.

And the families with kids who live around the house that was used for the sting are pissed at the local cops for allowing Perverted Justice and Dateline to draw pedophiles into their neighborhood in order to catch them.

10. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

How are they a vigilante group? They are working with law enforcement, not outside the system. They don't attack any of these scumbags, they simply act as bait so the police can arrest them. If I could choose where to send my tax money, Perverted Justice would be right near the top of the list. And kudos to NBC for doing this, not simply showing some stupid celebrity reality show.

Anyone that helps catch these pieces of shit is working on the side of the angels.

If only there was a vigilante standing by to take them all out. Where's Paul Kersey when you need him?

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

One down.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey man, nice shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted