1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Knight discussions (**SPOILERS!!**)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael Echan, Jul 19, 2008.

1. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Guest

Joker's done. No one could top that performance.

I'd set a completely different tone for the next movie, and go with something that'd almost be like a mystery/suspense movie. Riddler would be this Zodiak-like serial killer, always having to leave little clues/riddles because he's obsessive-compulsive.

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Nicely done. I can easily see that happening.

3. I don't think anyone's touching Joke for like 10 years or more.
    First, because they won't be able to top (or even approach) that performance. And secondly, because it would probably be read as disrespectful to Ledger.
    In the world of Batman, there are plenty of options.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Am I going to get cast out of nerdville by saying that, after some reflection, I think Gary Oldman did the best job of acting in The Dark Knight?
    Yep, better than Heath Ledger.
    I said it.

5. I'll consider that after re-watching, but at first glance, I'd say you're crazy.
    Oldman's accent wasn't even consistent.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ledger was saddled with a bad, BAD last scene.

"OK, Batman, while I'm hanging here, I'm gonna give a loooonnnnggggggg speech about what Ive been trying to do this whole time, for the slow ones in the audience. OK . . .wait, wait . . .WAIT . . . making my point . . . .more gratuitous screen time for my oh-so-cool character . . .

Alright, that's all. Now go be part of the film's ending."

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Eh, I didn't mind it as much. Just playing up the point of messing with Batman. It was setting up the last scene, and I think, setting the next film as well.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. You figure something will happen in that moment. Never does. Huge mistake to literally and figurately leave him hanging.

The ending is mess. Not the showdown anyone's expecting. The movie's climax is the Dent/Dawes stuff.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The post-mortem of this will be interesting, because WB will push for a 2010 movie because the slot's there for the taking. In 2011, you're dealing with Spider-Man and the end of the Harry Potter series. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if WB wants Nolan back at it, with some semblance of a sequel ready by Christmas, to shoot next summer.

Question is...is Nolan game for that?

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just saw it. Dark, indeed. Intense. Fuck me.

I laughed, I cried. It was better than Cats. I'm going to see it again and again.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You've got an HP movie in 2010 as well. They've split the last book into two flicks (according to IMDB).

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If this one has staying power to go with the big opening, I'm not sure they are even going to worry about the competition.

Draft saved Draft deleted