1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D'Antoni Gone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Legacy.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I can see that happening but the question is, at his age, and with his health declining, does he really want to?
    I think the Knicks need him more than he needs the Knicks.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Nothing makes New Yorkers sound more full of themselves than the thought of a guy thinking he needs their validation after winning 11 titles.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Validation is your word.

5. Webster

He was drafted by the Knicks, won a title with the Knicks (and was injured for another, but with the team), has always been considered by the fans as one of them and he has spoken at length about his admiration for Red Holtzman as his coaching idol.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Thank you for the history lesson. And what does any of that have to do with Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks franchise circa 2012?

8. Webster

That's why I used the word legacy. He'll be the guy who restored the Knicks to the glory years. To do what Riley couldn't. To lift the trophy while Dollar Bill, Clyde and the Captain watch. What else is he going to do?

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Enjoy the peace and quiet of retirement while bedding his hot cougar girlfriend on a nightly basis?

Even if Jackson came back, it would take him five years to clean up that shitshow, during which time LeBron and Rose would still be in their prime. What makes you think he wants to spend that much time chasing a long shot?

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If I were Sidney Fucking Lowe, I would say no thanks to that Dolan shitshow.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And a longtime buddy of Isiah Thomas. Shocking, shocking.

Meanwhile, Florida International, the school where Isiah Thomas theoretically is supposed to be head coach, finished Eight and Twenty One.

Bringing his Career Record to Twenty-Six and Sixty-Eight.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So far, the only ex-player of note who's done worse in their post-jock career is Lenny Dykstra.

Draft saved Draft deleted