1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daniel Day Lewis is Lincoln; No, Seriously

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

DOUBLE SPOILER: In their heads, half the South never stops fighting.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No shit, 93D. Between living in Richmond and now Atlanta, it's stunning to me.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I tried using that argument when a girlfriend wanted me to see Titanic.

It didn't work. I went.

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

DDL is a great actor and I'm sure he will do a great job. Jared Harris is a really odd choice for Ulysses S. Grant though.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel better, when they were filming Evan Almighty in the Charlottesville area I spent half an hour browsing in the same Barnes & Noble as Steve Carrell and Nancy Walls and had no idea.

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The only real concern is his height. The always reliable Google says Lewis is about 6-1. Usually height isn't all that important, but if you're doing a movie on Napoleon or Lincoln, height matters.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not if you hire all 5-1 actors around him.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

Here's an EW slideshow with the cast and their characters - http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20548946,00.html

I must say... that pic of DDL with the hoop earrings, WTF?

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I hate DDL with every fiber of my being, but he does make a good Abe (height aside). I'm sure what contrived Lincoln-sounding voice he's using will drive me nuts, though.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

This is random. I need to know why.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It's totally irrational. I just hate him. I am aware that he's an excellent actor, but every time I see his smug face, I want to reach through the screen and punch him. He's so fucking self-important.

Gah. Now I'm all worked up.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I agree so much with this post.

Draft saved Draft deleted