1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dangerous Religious Nutballs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 9, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I wouldn't mind seeing that. I would also be interested in finding out what percentage of the collection plate money goes into protecting the deviant priests.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

FenianMath:

Three likely illiterate, likely drunk teen-agers trying and failing miserably to blow up a church that wasn't even built yet=the thousands of terrorist acts committed by the thousands of followers of a perverted form of Islam.

Just for the record, Fen, who balances the checkbook in your family? Because you suck at math ... and logic.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ooh, a body blow.

Quick, Fennie, fire one of your picture book responses at 'em. Meanwhile, how about debating the Pope?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Speaking of dangerous religious nutballs, I wonder why the athiest left here hasn't spoken out lately against Bud Selig for daring to encourage the seventh inning song that became traditional after 9.11 and especially since this "evil" nation has been on the rampage you claim ever since?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This Catholic has thought the playing of "God Bless America" in the seventh inning is nothing more than MLB's ham-handed attempt at faux patriotism.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure Fenian has no problem with the fact every Irishman should immediately be put under suspicion of being a terrorist because of the nutjobs in the IRA.

7. zagoshe

And they very well should -- If you don't believe your religion is absolute, why bother in the first place?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Careful with hitting him with the truth Zags. Or, should I say, his double standard approach.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It really seems to me that people are missing the actual purpose of the thread and the discussion that unfolds from it.

Nobody is arguing that every Christian should be rounded up and placed in a cage because of a couple of kids. However, people should recognize that the most dangerous people in America today are not necessarily Muslim.

I would certainly bet that there are Muslims here in the US that would like to blow stuff up and kill lots of people. I would also bet that there are a few Christians will to do so as well. Then you have a few crazy high school kids disenfranchised with the world that would like to shoot up their school.

Several cops were shot in NY the other day. Should people be screaming in the streets immediately assuming that it was caused by Muslim extremists? Of course not.

There are a lot of dangers to people in America. There are a lot of dangers throughout this entire world. To focus on one section of the world's population and assume that they are the primary cause for it all is just downright lunacy.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Religious fundamentalism, and its attendant fanaticism, is destructive to society, whether it's Islamic or Judeo-Christian. There's not much difference between these church-burning kids and al-Qaida.

11. zagoshe

And you are missing the point -- which is not exactly a shock given who we are talking about -- just because a few loosely organized idiots call themselves Christians -- that doesn't make it so. They are certainly not followers of Christ or his teachings.

And once again you try and compare apples to oranges -- ordinary street crime like cops getting shot is not the same as organized terror cells.

I'm not nearly as afraid of the whacko mugger shooting me in the back as I am some idiot dropping an Anthrax bomb in the middle of a crowded downtown or taking down a plane I'm riding in in the name of Allah.

12. zagoshe

Um, what religion is the IRA aligned with?

Not every nutjob is religious or proclaiming to follow some religion.

However, I'd be willing to bet that a much higher percentage of people who proclaim to be Islamic are also terrorists or terrorist wannabes than just about every other group on the planet.

Draft saved Draft deleted