1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danger Mouse and Banksy let Paris Hilton have it...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clubber_Slang, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

... and not in the way she's most normally accustomed to, either.

Danger Mouse (Gnarls Barkley, DangerDoom, The Gorillaz) and Banksy (known as the Art Terrorist) pulled a little prank on Paris Hilton's new CD, doctoring the covers and remixing her songs.

Their statement: "It's hard to improve on perfection, but we had to try."

Check out the story (with pics) here.
    And a video showing some of that work that went into it here.

Yet another reason to love Danger Mouse. I'd heard of Banksy, or at least his work, but never checked out a lot of his stuff. But if you Google him, there's some nice artwork.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There isn't a chance that the 13 year old girls buying her CD would ever know the difference.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I now officially want to get this, I love Danger Mouse, and a bash on Hilton to boot? Perfect.

4. Danger Mouse is in gorillaz? I thought they were an English group.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I can't be the only one who had this childhood flashback when I saw the thread title ...

[​IMG]

6. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

well, Danger Mouse did some production work for the Gorillaz, it being a virtual band and all. But the main dude behind the project is a British dude, yeah.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Poin, I've heard the vandalism in question. They would know the difference.

And that musical vandalism kicks ass.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

This has been a very good year for Danger Mouse, with Gnarls Barkley blowing up big-time, the money from Gorillaz coming in, a big feature in the NY Times Magazine and now this. He's almost certainly the artist/producer of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted