1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dancing with the Stars 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Nov 16, 2010.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It boosted the ratings on what's already the most popular show on TV.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think anyone at ABC had any inkling that Bristol would make it longer than 3-4 weeks. I don't want to say she boosted ratings, but the controversy had CBS, Fox and NBC covering a finale that would be shown on a competing network. That doesn't happen too often.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't watch DWTS and can't stand Palin, but I took a peek last night. The person who says she's Jennifer Gray doesn't look a thing like the Jennifer Gray from Dirty Dancing.

BTW I love me some Bristol. sex, drinks, smokes weed, slight eating disorder, obviously has daddy issues.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

votefortheworst.com

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had forgotten about that site, probably because I stopped watching Idol.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thought y'all might enjoy this: Whoever said the revolution would not be televised was wrong. It’s on TV, on Dancing With the Stars, of all things.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/television/john-doyle/the-palins-and-the-politics-of-dancing/article1809093/

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sounds exactly like the kind of girl I usually date.

Let me tell you, it's a wild ride. I'm holding on very tightly right now.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nate Silver, extending his brand:

Draft saved Draft deleted