1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dancing with the Stars 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The problem is with ABC's voting system by email, they don't check the addresses and you can vote 300 times

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"The problem is with ABC's voting system by email, they don't check the addresses and you can vote 300 times"

So, just like Chicago...

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I don't see the big deal about this, since Jennifer Grey's fans can vote the same amount of times, surely there are more of them than Palin backers.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nice... :D

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When did Dancing With The Stars become so important to merit daily stories on the Web and mentions on top of the hour newscasts?

Even if you buy into the "Dancing With The Stars" primary Politico is trying to sell (a test of Sarah Palin's viability), it's still just junk news.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ummm, no. Mizzou. ABC has been alternatively sucking her tit and jerking off to her from day one.

I watch Good Morning America every morning getting ready for work and someone in a position of power must have a thing for her, because any time there is a chance to get a Palin story on, they take it.

They ran a wet-kiss, reach-around story the day after the midterms, all but crediting her for the GOP landslide in taking the House. Every political story They've run other stories, bending over backward to get a Palin mention in any way they can, even when it's a stretch.

And, capping the reach-around off, her daughter is on DWTS, even though she's not a star in the loosest interpretation of the word. Humiliate her? Are you kidding? Someone at ABC sees the Family Palin as a golden goose.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Well, at least the right thing happened last night. After sleeping through the first 1:45, I woke up to see that Bristol Palin was third and that Jennifer Grey won.

Makes you wonder if ABC rigged the voting. How can all these Bristol Palin "fans" not get her the win when it really matters? Sounds like ABC set up this drama, and now people walk away from this season saying that the right thing happened. If Bristol would have won, a bunch of people would have called this juggernaut of a show a joke (then again, many people think it is anyway).

It sure looks like a setup to me.

8. Mizzougrad96

Everybody thought the same thing with American Idol and the whole Sanjaya deal a few years back. Seemed very interesting that he was voted off the week before the Idol Gives Back special because they didn't want him there as a distraction.

I don't know if it was rigged or not but I don't think there was any chance ABC was going to let Bristol win. With the way the judging and voting is set up, there's no reason why a plan would have to be elaborate.

She didn't deserve to win and the right person won.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mizzou, did ABC set her up to be humiliated or did they rig the voting? It's hard to keep up with your posts.

10. Mizzougrad96

I think Bristol was this season's trainwreck that they thought people would tune in and watch with the expectation that she'd be gone in a few weeks. It was the same way with McCartney's ex-wife and I'm sure there have been plenty of others.

It's not a conspiracy against Bristol, because they probably do that almost every season. "Oh, I better watch early because she's not going to be around long."

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

They kept the cash cow for as long as they could, but ultimately let the gazelle win?

12. Mizzougrad96

This is what I get for watching Kimmel and knowing far too much about a show that I don't watch. :)

The right person won.

Draft saved Draft deleted