1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dance the night away

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Another for "Right Now."

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Mean Street.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I worked at a concert in Bay City, Mich., in 1978, when Van Halen had just put out their first album and they were opening for Bob Seger. I snuck to a spot in between the barriers and the stage and was standing right below Eddie while he played and I swear to God I never saw fingers move so fast on purpose. It was great.

I was more a Van Halen than Van Hagar guy, but both were more than good enough for me.

5. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

"Unchained"

And I especially love the video that goes with it that was played on MTV for awhile.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by.

7. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I don't know if it's my fave, but I always love to hear "Little Dreamer" off the first album.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I liked Diver Down. especially Little Guitars.

I guess my pick would be one you never here off 1984 ... Drop Dead Legs. An excellent song.

I like Jamie's Cryin', Dance The Night Away, ... And The Cradle Will Rock among their overplayed ones.

9. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Everybody Wants Some

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good call on Me Wise Magic, Sam......great song.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Who else finds it at least mildly ironic that Chef wrote a thread titled "Dance the night away"?

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dance the Night Away
    Unchained
    Little Guitars
    Jamie's Cryin'
    Atomic Punk
    Hot for Teacher

I also like a lot of the various of the "silly" songs, like "Could This Be Magic?," "Big Bad Bill Is Sweet William Now," and "Ice Cream Man."

DLR-era Van Halen might not have been the greatest rock n' roll band of all time, but they might have been the most fun ...

Draft saved Draft deleted