1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Snyder Hoping The Truth Is Not An Absolute Defense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 2, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

To borrow from the Junks and Sonner, this guy is a massive donk, but we already knew that.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I asked this on the thread with the original story, but could Snyder be a Scientologist? The Tom Cruise thing and the media paranoia were my initial reasons. But this thing, threatening legal action just because you know you could outspend your opponent, that's exactly how the Scientologists got themselves declared an official church.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And the Os are in a pretty good place, baseball-wise. If they were in any other division, they would be a sexy wild card pick.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Snyder is pulling the anti-Semitic card because of the accompanying picture with the beard and horns.

Did his radio station address this today or are Czabe, Pollin, Thompson etc just puppets of the midget?

How do you defame someone's character when he doesn't have any to begin with?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He truly is an asshole's asshole

6. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

It's tough sledding being a Redskins fan.

So much ridiculous drama.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And he's suing over these specific items.....the same guy who owns a team called the REDSKINS.

Way to pick your battles, Danny boy.

8. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

gene weingarten, well done:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/02/AR2011020205483.html?hpid=topnews

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Nice beatdown.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm in.
    McKenna's editor seems to be behind him. Writers at these "City Papers" have pretty much called every politician every name in the book. I hope they don't back down off calling out Snyder for what he is: a chiseling, greedy, idiotic, moronic pathetic excuse for a sports franchise owner, and that's saying a lot.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Peter Angelos gets a pass from me because of his stance toward replacement players in MLB during the 94-95 strike. Peter absolutely refused to field a team during that period and he had my respect. Yes, I have heard some bad stuff about him, but Dan Snyder is far and away the worst owner in sports.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Outstanding. My favorite passage:
    "I understand why you were upset by this article. By unkindly focusing only on the negative aspect of your ownership, the author, Dave McKenna, is suggesting that you are an avaricious, imperious, conscienceless plutocrat with callous contempt for the fans; a man whose Napoleonic, pouter-pigeon swagger conceals a doofus-like understanding of the game and whose pernicious, autocratic meddling has consigned the team to perpetual mediocrity and its players and coaches to a perennial state of harrowing anxiety, all of this starting virtually from the moment you arrived and continuing to this very minute."

Draft saved Draft deleted