1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Rather: He still believes in the forged memos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 13, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Boston Globe? That liberal rag! I won't believe the story until Fox News runs it! ::)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You ever notice that the righties have completely dropped the "Bush served honorably and well," trope?

That, and what is the deal with airline food?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

There are two here:

1) Markvid... I don't think there was any election influencing going on here. I think they thought this memo was juicy and needed it out there. It was not properly vetted and as such, it was rushed onto air.

2) Fenian... As I mentioned to Markvid, I don't think the story on Fredo's military ducking was rushed. The story was there for years. It was well known. The rushed aspect would be the memo.

Overall, the whole thing is stupid. How many people didn't know about Fredo's actions to duck military duty? At the time those that cared already knew. Those that didn't care weren't going to be influenced. Those that ignored previous stories on the subject were too blind to be converted.

I consider it to be the equivalent of running a story about Sesame Street as a quality children's program. There are a few people that don't believe it and they are the ones that won't be influenced anyway.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't have anything to add to this other than WHA's sig gives the impression that he sits in his basement all night watching old G-Force re-runs, spanking it to the Japanese-ized versions of American women.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Point of order: Bubs, you're spot on but for one minor but telling detail. He does all of the above in his PARENTS basement.

Carry on.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

FACT.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've got three sources. We're going ahead and putting it on the air.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You have three sources that WHA is some high school kid hanging out on the computer everyday in his parents' basement? Outside of Mom and Dad, who else is able to collaborate this? It isn't like the guy has friends. :-*

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll never reveal my sources.

OK, it was bobblehead. They share the basement.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just like they "influenced" the elections in 1968, 1972, 1980, 1984, 1988 and 2000.

Oh, and 1948 . . . when they thought they would go ahead and give it to the GOP candidate before, you know, a single voting lever was pulled.

[​IMG]

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How did I get dragged back into this :eek:thread?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just when you think you're out, I pull you back in!

Draft saved Draft deleted