1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Rather: He still believes in the forged memos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That is weak. In fact, the whole thing is weak.

A story comes out stating pretty much what everybody has already known. However, the story is now based on documents that turn out to be forged.

Hell, I don't even know what the newsworthiness of the actual story the documents were supposed to support.

The guy lost his job because he rushed to run a story that didn't need to be rushed.

2. As long as we're talking about honesty.
    1) Not even your link says Rather believes the documents. He says he believes the story -- namely, that Bush ducked the requirements he swore to uphold. There's more backing that than the memos in question.
    2) "This thread ... is about Rather forging documents." Sorry. That's what you wrote.
    You actually believe that Rather, himself, typed the documents and then put them on the air? I'll even widen my incredulity to include anyone at CBS News. They not only put the memos on the air, but actually wrote them?
    Wow.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No, I fucked up.

I wrote that, but I was wrong. Rather didn't forge them. At least that we know of.

I'll wait for the day where you actually admit to being wrong.

But just keep writing about Bush's daddy. And then complain when the clinton blowjob lines come in.

4. poindexter

I didn't even write: "This thread ... is about Rather forging documents." You are lecturing me about intellectual dishonesty. But I never wrote "This thread ... is about Rather forging documents."

Jeez, talk about dishonest.

I never put Rather's name then the words "forging documents". You did. Unreal. At least get it right when you accuse me of something.

5. "Fenian - exremely intellectually dishonest. You chide others about people using the "But Clinton got a blow job" line... Yet, this thread, dealing with Rather forging documents, and you fall back on another Bush/Daddy thread."

So, your argument now is that you didn't write that Rather forged documents but, rather, that you started a thread,"dealing withy Rather forging documents." Now, either you don't know what you yourself are talking about, or you know how completely dumb accusing Rather himself of forging the memos looks, and you're backing and filling.

6. poindexter

You win. I give up. Score one for Fenian.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The least you could do is give him a honk!

8. poindexter

Rather can give him a honk.

9. So you DON'T believe he or anyone at CBS forged the documents?
    Wonderful.
    Now we can move along to how he said he believed "the story" and not just the memos.

10. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

You have a long wait man...don't you know he's the most infallible man in the country?

11. I thought you were over 12. I thought the same thing about your IQ.
    I was wrong on both counts. I apologize.

12. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

How do you live with yourself asswipe?

Draft saved Draft deleted