1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Quayle: music critic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jul 18, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He'll always be little Johnny Cougar to me.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Also not available for comment:

[​IMG]

And not a darn thing wrong with Mellencamp.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Disagree with JCM's politics. Love his music. (except Scarecrow... too dark and gloomy for me. I preferred Lonesome Jubilee)

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Paper in Fire off that album is easily my favorite by him.

5. Oscar Madison

Oscar Madison Member

You've got to be kidding me. Not only is Scarecrow easily Mellencamp's best album, but it's also one of the best albums of the entire 1980s. It has a conscious during the consciousless Reagan era.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The combined IQ in the ex-VP's marriage is 235. Of course, the missus boasts the 150 . . .

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Another kind of Quayle-ideal Hoosier music:

[​IMG]

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

That is an assanine statement.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

By the way, the Hoosier music Quayle SHOULD be listening to:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, forget what you read about Chicago-- Rhymefest is straight outta Avon. Hendricks County represent!

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

During the 1988 campaign, Quayle said he liked Jimi Hendrix. The reporter, perhaps being a bit skeptical, asked him some things to see if he knew and while he might not have been an expert, it seemed apparent that Quayle was familiar with his work. In the same article, Lloyd Bentsen said he was a Buddy Holly fan and knew the words to "Peggy Sue".

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

If I remember right, in '04 either John Kerry or Howard Dean said he loved Bob Dylan, was a huge fan, couldn't get enough of him, etc,. etc. to Rolling Stone. So the writer/interviewer asked something really innocuous like, "What's your favorite Dylan song?" or favorite Dylan album and if I recall, Kerry/Dean gave an answer along the lines of, "Oh, it's so hard to say. He's got so many that I love. I'd say a lot of the stuff from the '60s. I like a lot of the stuff he did then. I can't pick just one."

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That answer, my friend, blows in the wind.

Draft saved Draft deleted