1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick's "big announcement"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Dedo

Dedo Member

Did JD miss Linotype's point? Yes.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

DP does pull some good guests. Where else on ESPN radio will you hear people like David Stern, Phil Jackson, Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, Mary Tillman (Pat's mother), Rick Reilly, Peter Gammons, etc.

Mike and Mike, Cowturd, SportsBash (who actually wants to talk to Seibel?) and GameNight don't have the esteemed guest list.

This isn't meant to sucky sucky on DP's peepee, but it make his show listenable (?) because most of his guests you actually want to hear.

By the way, TheBigLead.com linked to this thread! We are all so lucky!

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And how many of them are going to follow him when he's on in a grand total of 13 cities, seven of them live?

4. markvid

markvid Guest

5 pages? Seems hypocritical when some post that they care less what he does.
    Apparently, you do.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Perhaps he's going to satellite radio? XM or Sirius?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

An exclusive deal, you must have meant.

He's already on both.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

He could always join Scott Ferrall on the bench, whichever AM overnight station Scott's bench sits at this week.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Scott's on Sirius on Howard Stern's channel

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Jim Rome pulled Pat Tillman, his dad and his brother; Barkley's crazy ass, Stern, Reggie, Ottawa Sens owner Roy Malacher, and several more guests, sports and non-sports that are more compelling than a quasi-Larry King segment. 

Thank goodness I have forgotten what Ferrall sounded like.  I get nightmares listening to his voice.  Which reminds me, does anyone near Kansas City or in Missouri knows what became of "The Freak" that was on WHB and did overnights in the early days of FSR?  That guy was something else to listen to.  Also, how about these characters: Jim Daniel, The Sarge, and Adam Schein (edit: he's still writing for Fox Sports).

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

BTW, is Bob Kemp on the air anywhere? He was a king-bee asshole on Sporting News Radio.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But at least with Patrick, he doesn't spend the next five minutes after an interview patting himself on the back for how ............................................. Epic ....................................................... Solid ........................................ the interview was.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Anybody on ESPN can pull decent guests because the WWL makes their stable of "experts" available to anyone on a daily basis... I'm guessing Gammons doesn't do "Sportsbash" because he loves the show...

Patrick is a big enough name that he'll still be able to get guests.

I heard a rumor that he might be taking Imus' old spot. I have no fucking idea if there's one ounce of truth to it, but I guess it sounds as good as any of the other rumors out there...

Patrick is one of the few ESPN SportsCenter guys who I think does a good job...

Draft saved Draft deleted