1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vinny Chase, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Writer33

Writer33 Member

He was on the day after with Olbermann. Olbermann told him it's a cold world out there. Patrick said he'd take a flashlight with him. Don't know how to link but there was a good story on it in the Globe today.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

This one?
    Patrick clears the air on his departure

3. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Am I the only person who thinks he's kind of a smug asshole?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Has never been in my kitchen.

5. Never had any problem with DP, although I think he's taking a big chance with this move.

6. He's a smart guy with talent. He'll find something to challenge him.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Boots has never had anything but good times with him.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He fondly remembers when Danny was being toilet-trained. Those were the days...

9. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I've always been a DP fan, ever since he was on CNN and did callins on the morning show on 96 Rock in Atlanta. I grew up watching him and KO being probably the best Sportscenter anchors ever. After KO got fired for some stupid comments he made about Bristol being a miserable place while on Kilborn's version of the Daily Show show (I still like him better Stewart) they axed him and started putting tools like Stewart Scott and SAS. SC since Patrick has gone away has become almost unwatchable with the volume on. It's become less about the highlights and the games and more about the anchors trying to become "personalities." DP and KO didn't do that they walked the line but never crossed it, they still had the great highlights and did just enough to add some entertainment to keep it fun to watch.

10. jcrutchmer

jcrutchmer Guest

The 1 p.m. Eastern time slot on ESPN Radio was guest-hosted today and introduced as "ESPN Radio" where it has -- even when there's been a guest host in the past -- always been introduced as "The Dan Patrick Show" ... (The intro today was: "Now, on ESPN Radio, this is ESPN Radio. Today's guests on ESPN Radio will appear via the OnStar hotline") The show's name is always used in that intro.

It just sounded odd and quite curious.

EDIT: I guess this explains it a little. http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/17/dan-patrick-will-return-for-farewell-week-at-espn-radio

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

I've never seen Dan Patrick on TV or heard him on the radio, but Scott Raab's profile of him in Esquire made me like him plenty.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Patrick may have plenty of $$$ but that hasn't stopped him from not wanting to waste any: He's off until Aug. 17 because he's built up more than a month of back vacation pay that Disney refuses to cash out for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted